"Livingston" Livingston by uglyscot
Livingston Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Livingston was the fourth new town to be built in Scotland in 1962. It is approximately 15 miles (25 km) west of Edinburgh and 30 miles (50 km) east of Glasgow. Itis the largest town in the West Lothian area and was built around a collection of small villages, Livingston Village, Bellsquarry and Livingston Station (now known as Deans )..
The name was taken from a village which dates back the 12th Century when a Flemish entrepreneur called De Leving was granted land in the area. He built a fortified tower which is long since gone and the settlement that grew up around it became known as Levingstoun/ Layingston/ and eventually Livingston
I never wanted to go to Livingston as that is where my eldest daughter lived for two months and died. So, when my youngest daughter wanted to do shopping for a friend in Khartoum and decided to go to the designer outlet there, I had some misgivings. Fortunately, the outlet can be reached without actually going into the town.
The surrounding countryside is, admittedly, lovely , so I don't regret going now.
uglyscot's Related Pages
Livingston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Industrial Town -full of factories - Livingston"
- "Livingston new town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Livingston
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Livingston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Livingston
Photos in LivingstonSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 70 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 81 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues