"Merthyr Tydfil" Merthyr Tydfil by uglyscot
Merthyr Tydfil Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 49 photos
Merthyr Tydfil lies in the Rhondda Valley overlooked by the Brecon Beacons.In winter the hills are covered in snow, but in summer it is a pleasant drive from Cardiff.
From the road the most noticeable feature is the viaduct spanning the river.
The Brecon Beacons are to the west of the valley, but on the east, what seem to be be hills too, are often the slag heaps, the remains from the coal mining that was the life, and often death, of the valley. Nowadays vegetation covers much of the slag, but in places the black shows through.
As well as coal, Merthyr Tydfil was home to the iron industry.
I couldn't help noticing this church with its sqat tower and large ble clock-face.
uglyscot's Related Pages
Merthyr Tydfil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Merthyr Tydfil"
- "Merthyr Tydfil"
- "Donny comes home tour."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Merthyr Tydfil
- Nightlife in Merthyr Tydfil
- Restaurants in Merthyr Tydfil
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Merthyr Tydfil
- 1 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Merthyr Tydfil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Merthyr Tydfil
Photos in Merthyr TydfilSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 70 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 81 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues