"wide beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl by uglyscot
Porthcawl Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 281 photos
Porthcawl is on the Glamorgan Heritage Coast, which alternates between amazing cliffs and sandy or rocky beaches. It is very much a summer holiday resort with many houses along the promenade, and hotels. On the Eastern Promenade is the Coney beach Leisure Park where you can find all the fun of the fair.
The views along the coast show cliffs and out across the bay the blue low hills.
The area is divided by the topography. After the pier there is another beach but rocky and the waves are stronger, and then another bay appears with a sandy beach , again with surf that attracts surfers. Beside the steps leading down to the beach is the Life Guard Station.
Rest Bay has rocks at either end, and between a wide sweep of sand. The rock pools attract children, and the waves attract surfers who were out in large numbers when we visited in May
- Pros:lovely beach
Rest Bay in Royal Portcawl attracts surfers. I don't know much about surfing but suspect the waves are not as good as... more travel advice
uglyscot's Related Pages
Porthcawl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Lively Seaside resort- something for everyone!"
- "Porthcawl - My Home"
- "wide beach"
- "Short trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Porthcawl
- Hotels in Porthcawl
- Transportation in Porthcawl
- Nightlife in Porthcawl
- Restaurants in Porthcawl
- Shopping in Porthcawl
- See All...
Explore the World
- South Africa
- Bethany Beach
- Cape Town
- Bahía de Caráquez
- Little Hickory Island Hotels
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Male Island Hotels
- Dalrock Hotels
- Limone sul Garda
- Ras Al Khaimah Hotels
- Costa de Caparica
- Fort Macon State Park Hotels
- Kentucky Dam Village State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Porthcawl
- 3 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Porthcawl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Porthcawl
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 67 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues