"Putney" Putney Heath by uglyscot
Putney Heath Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 143 photos
Putney lies on the Thames and stretches up the hill [Putney Hill] to Putney Heath.
Putney bridge crosses the Thames and the Putney-Mortlake stretch of the river is known for the Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race , held annually.
Like most towns in Britain, the economic recession has had an effect. Shops have closed or are are closing down, In Putney there is the Putney Exchange which houses a small shopping mall with some of the well know shops.
Not far from the bridge is the Church of St Mary the Virgin which was where debates were held regarding the Constitution during the civil war era.
- Pros:nice riverside
- Cons:steep hill
uglyscot's Related Pages
Putney Heath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely town made for walking and shopping"
- "Fast-paced Putney!"
- "Another bit of London...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Putney Heath
- Transportation in Putney Heath
- Restaurants in Putney Heath
- Shopping in Putney Heath
- Warnings and Dangers in Putney Heath
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Putney Heath
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Putney Heath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Putney Heath
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues