"lots of sand" Redcar by uglyscot
Redcar Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 27 photos
We decided that as the children had hayfever, the best place for them to be was the beach, and the nearest one is Redcar. It was cool and cloudy, but the children set off with buckets and spades. The tide was out so the amount of sand at the beach was tremendous, and it was clean below high tide level with hardly any shells and no pollution in the form of cans or plastic bottles. Bravo Redcar
It started to drizzle so we moved into town where it was sheltered from the cold. We were lucky to find a street with lots of interesting shops, and market stalls in the centre where some young Turks were selling various roasted nuts and dried fruit, Nice as snacks when travelling, so we stocked up. Other stalls had sweets, olives, fancy bread, fresh fruit, Italian biscuits...all of which were very tempting.
The most noticeable landmark is the clock tower, though further along the street is a smaller blue painted iron clock.
Entering town we also came past the race course, which obviously helps bring people to the town.
- Pros:nice little town with good clean beach, and the race course
uglyscot's Related Pages
Redcar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "REDCAR BY THE SEA"
- "lots of sand"
- "Redcar - And Lemon Tops!"
- "REDCAR NORTH EASTERN COAST ENGLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Redcar
- Hotels in Redcar
- Nightlife in Redcar
- Restaurants in Redcar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Redcar
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Redcar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Redcar
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 67 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 45 reviews, 191 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues