"St Fagans: useum of Welsh Life" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Fagans by uglyscot
Saint Fagans Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 335 photos
St Fagans National History Museum opened in 1948, It shows how people worked , lived and spent their leisure.
The museum stands in large grounds in St Fagans castle, a 16 century manor house. There are indoor galleries with agricultural implements and costumes among other things.The 40 + original buildings have been moved from their original sites from all over Wales.
Car parks are 2.50 GBP per vehicle but entry to the museum is free.
There is a large shop with Welsh goods and tat on sale, and nearby stalls selling pancakes, gifts etc. There are tea rooms and picnic places, and the bakery sells traditional bread and baked goods as well as sweets.
Access for the disabled is provided where possible.
for more information see www.museumwales.ac.uk
Entry from 10 am to 5 pm, free.
This shop from Ogmore Vale, Bridgend was built in 1880, and was erected at St Fagans as it would have been in the 1920s. Part is now a tea room.
Many more things can be seen at St Fagans than we were able to visit, some modern.
The Workmen's Institute was built in 1916 and comes from Oakdale, Caerphilly. The building would have been the focus of village social and cultural life.
When we visited there was an exhibition of woodworking, with craftsmwn showing various artistic products and actually working on carving owls, lovespoons and other objects.
- Pros:most informative and a great day out
Opposite the entrance to St Fagan's castle is the church. There was no entry but I walked roung the churchyard... more travel advice
Having seen the Museum of Welsh Life, we thought we'd seen everything. However, we decided to have an afternoon out and... more travel advice
uglyscot's Related Pages
Saint Fagans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welsh National History museum"
- "Museum of Welsh Life"
- "Museum of Welsh Life Amgueddfa Werin Cymru"
- "St Fagans: useum of Welsh Life"
- "Prettiest Village in Cardiff"
- "St Fagans - Home of the National History Museum"
- "Acres of Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Fagans
- Transportation in Saint Fagans
- Restaurants in Saint Fagans
- Shopping in Saint Fagans
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Fagans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Fagans
- 6 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Saint Fagans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Fagans
Photos in Saint FagansSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues