"old fashioned seaside resort" Seaton Carew by uglyscot
Seaton Carew Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 26 photos
After visiting the marina at Hartlepool, we drove along the sea to Seaton Carew as we had heard it had a good beach. Yes, the beach has golden sand in places, but there is also a shelf of pebbles , beyond which is more sand with a blacker hue. Admittedly children do not notice these things and just settle down to build sandcastles, or play whatever games they like.
Here the beach stretches from Hartlepool to the southern headland, so there is room for everyone. Because of the railway , in Victorian times, Seaton Carew was a popular destination.
The buildings along the front to me are typical seaside hotels or boarding houses, like those we frequented in the south of England, so I felt very much at home.
uglyscot's Related Pages
Seaton Carew Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "North Gare"
- "The north side of the Tees estuary"
- "old fashioned seaside resort"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seaton Carew
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Seaton Carew?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seaton Carew
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues