"The Falls of Shin" Loch Shin by uglyscot
Loch Shin Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
The River Shin is a salmon river. Salmon breed in the headwaters. To get there they have to leap the Falls of Shin, after their long journey from the Atlantic .
A path leads down to protected walkways from where you can stand and watch the falls in the hope of seeing salmon leap and swim up the river.
The roaring of the water, the splashes of salmon in the deep dark pool, and then a flash of silver as a salmon leaps, flags and falls back into the pool, where it will rest and regain its strength to try again. The instinct to go back to the headwaters where it started life is strong, and it will try and try again.
All this gives great entertainment to the hundreds of visitors who come to watch.
After having a snack in the restaurant and shopping for souvenirs in Harrods- get your characteristic green bag- have a leisurely stroll in the woods, smell the pines, and just relax in natural surroundings.,
- Pros:wonderful place
- Cons:Rather commercialised now. Way down can be slippery.
- In a nutshell:nature in the raw
uglyscot's Related Pages
Loch Shin Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Loch Shin
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Loch Shin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loch Shin
Photos in Loch ShinSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 70 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 81 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues