"lovely main shopping street" Top 5 Page for this destination Shrewsbury by uglyscot
Shrewsbury Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 282 photos
I had visited Shrewsbury when my daughter was working and living in Telford, but it was not till this last visit that I really looked at the town . Its buildings are Tudor and there is an abbey worth looking at too. Everywhere can be seen the Tudor black and white buildings, some of historical importance, but all interesting.
There is an old Inn in a small passages, the market square, and the Abbey, all illustrating this town's long history.
Shrewsbury is the county town of Shropshire, in the West Midlands region of England. It lies on the River Severn.The town is 9 miles feom the Welsh border
Shrewsbury is an historic market town . The town centre is based on a largely unaltered medieval street plan. Shrewsbury Castle is a red sandstone castle fortification founded in 1074 by the Norman Earl of Shrewsbury, Roger de Montgomery. The Abbey likewise is of sandstone.
There are over 650 historic listed buildings,including several examples of timber framing from the 15th century and 16th century.
- Pros:lovely black and white buildings
In the market square is a Market Hall where buying and selling took place, At the beginning of the square is a statue to... more travel advice
The Old Lion Tap is a hostellery off the high street. This historic building was refurbished in 1990. This is a pub for... more travel advice
uglyscot's Related Pages
Shrewsbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Town in black and white and the best B&B ever"
- "lovely main shopping street"
- "BEAUTIFUL SHREWSBURY"
- "Shrewsbury - Town of Flowers"
- "Welcome to Shrewsbury."
- "A Shropshire Town"
- "A warm afternoon in Shrewsbury"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shrewsbury
- Hotels in Shrewsbury
- Transportation in Shrewsbury
- Nightlife in Shrewsbury
- Restaurants in Shrewsbury
- Shopping in Shrewsbury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shrewsbury
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Shrewsbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shrewsbury
Photos in ShrewsburySee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 70 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 81 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues