"A small town" Yarm on Tees by uglyscot
Yarm on Tees Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 43 photos
Yarm is an ancient town. It is on the south side of the River Tees. It has a wide main street with shops on either side. Most of these are boutiques or small shops, not the high street chains. There are at least 4 pubs and some restaurants as well. In the centre is the town clock.
Parking is by disc , available from the Library, but it is hard to find a space.
Leading off from the main street, are small alleys or wynds which lead down to the River Tees.
The river is busy. When we were there canoeists were practising, a cruise boat was setting off, and ducks were paddling around. Along the river was a walkway . Because it was raining we only went as far as the bridges. Wild flowers grew beside the river, and altogether it was a pleasant way to spend time.
- Pros:Attractive small town
- Cons:nothing much to do
Butterfly world opens from 10am to 4pm. After buying your ticket, £3.50 per adult and £3.20 for children and OAPs, or a... more travel advice
uglyscot's Related Pages
Yarm on Tees Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Yarm on Tees
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Yarm on Tees?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yarm on Tees
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 70 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 81 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues