"Aguadulce means sweet water" Aguadulce by uglyscot
Aguadulce Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 4 photos
Aguadulce is a burgeoning town on the coast near Almeria. The name itself means sweet water, but unfortunately that is no longer the case. Now the water tastes quite foul. Not even suitable for cleaning your teeth.
We used to go the pump at nearby Parador to fill up containers with water, or friends would bring us large containers from up in the hills at Enix.
The town is popular with retired Brits who enjoy the sun, pub life and tapas.
The beach has been created artificially unlike others along the coast.
Over 75 years Aguadulce has grown from a very small fishing village to the present day as a tourist complex of hotels, apartments, restaurants and a sports marina.
It has s a good selection of shops, bars and restaurants You can stroll on the promenade or try sampling the varied night life in the many small bars..
Aguadulce is situated at some 10km to the west of Almeria city along the national road (N-340a) and approximately 14km along the motorway (A-7). The nearest airport is that of Almeria at just 25km and the commercial port of Almeria is nearby.
The beach was created in the 1980s. It is over two kilometers long and thirty metres wide. It is cleaned of weed and flotsam every morning. It is fine gravel but the water was too cold for bathing when I was there between October and March.
However it is reputedly one of the busiest beaches in Almeria. It offers a number of recreational activities for tourists, and has a Blue Flag.
- Pros:lovely winter climate. Well situated for exploring coast and hills
- In a nutshell:a nice relatively unspoiled seaside town [1990s]
The marina is a very relaxing place to visit by day. The boats bob in the water. There are bars and cafes nearby . We... more travel advice
uglyscot's Related Pages
Aguadulce Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Aguadulce
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Aguadulce?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aguadulce
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 70 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 81 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues