"For beach lovers" Riccione by uglyscot
Riccione Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 20 photos
Riccione is a small tourist resort along the east coast of Italy. We arrived via Rome, Ancona and Rimini.
Riccione has a seasonal airport but we went out of season!. The area has a long stretch of good beaches, and is very popular with Germans and the British.
The beach at Riccione was nice and clean, and there were all the facilities needed. The town itself catered for tourists even in the off season. Buses were our normal mode of transport, and trips into Rimini, and longer trips to San Marino and Venice were also undertaken.
Rimini itself has 15 km of beach made of white sand. The town is probably of Etruscan origin, and was occupied by the Gauls in 390 BC, followed by the Romans a century later.
As we were staying in a flat owned by friends, we catered for ourselves, so cannot comment on hotels and restaurants, except that in restaurants the waiters would be disappointed we were not German, as the Germans obviously spent more on food than we frugal Brits.
The Marina by day is a pleasant place to visit, as it is always nice to see the boats. The area is a centre of night... more travel advice
uglyscot's Related Pages
Riccione Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ROMAGNAAAAAA....ROMAGNA MIA......"
- "For beach lovers"
- "Assemblea Annuale delle Donne"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riccione
- Hotels in Riccione
- Nightlife in Riccione
- Restaurants in Riccione
- Warnings and Dangers in Riccione
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Riccione
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Riccione?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riccione
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 67 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues