Rome Hotel Tips by uglyscot
Rome Hotels: 196,238 reviews and 1,131 photos
Lancelot dining room
A friendly hotel in the centre of Rome with easy access to most of the main tourist sites.
Rooms are comfortable, service is good. If you have a special dietary request it will be catered for as long as the kitchen is told in the morning, otherwise those who want supper are given a fixed menu.
Unique Qualities: The main feature is the policy of guests sitting at round tables for 8 or so people, where everyone sits and chats and makes friends. The atmosphere is so friendly and relaxed, and the staff are so helpful that is more like being at home than in a hotel.
When my daughter turned up with her two children, the staff arranged for us to move to a larger bedroom and an extra bed and a cot to be installed.
Address: Via Capo d'Africa 47, , Rome, Lazio 00184
Comparison: about average
Directions: near the Colosseum
hotel Santa Prisca
This 50 room hotel was very clean and comfortable , though with no frills . Rooms have a bath or shower and private telephone. The breakfast is satisfactory. Service is good
The hotel is situated not far from the FAO building and the Caracalla Baths.
Restaurants are to be found within reasonable walking distance
Unique Qualities: There is free parking space.
Address: Largo M. Gelsomini 25, , Rome, Lazio 00153
Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 571 917 ,575 04 69
view from our window
The hotel was recommended to us, but we found it was not in the nicest of areas and close to the main railway line, hence the noise of the trains.
Rooms were small and very basic, though had a tiny shower room and toilet. Towels were made of cotton rather than the fluffy terry towels one is accustomed to.
Wardrobe space was minimal, but a safe was provided inside it.
Breakfat was basic and self service. On Sunday we found almost everything finished at 8am.
The staff, however , were friendly enough and helpful.
Unique Qualities: 50 euro for one person in a double room, 90 euro for two people.
Address: Via G da Empoli, 11
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: near Metro Linea B, Pyramide. Onff Via Ostiense just before the railway bridge
Phone: 3906 57250515
More Reviews (24)
- so much to see
- See All water
- See All nice place
- See All Three coins in the fountain
uglyscot's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "weekends in Rome"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Explore the World
- Inter City Hotel
- Laura Place Hotel
- Altos del Mapocho Apart Suite
- Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport
- Golden Sand Beach Resort
- Sweetwater Spa and Inn
- Hotel and Residence Praga 1
- Grove House
- Swiss Belhotel Changchun
- The Beaufort House Inn
- Rainforest Inn
- Novotel Centre
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 27 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Read real reviews about Rome Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 67 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Rome hotel reviews
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Hotel Picasso
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Hotel Alessandrino
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2013
- Hotel Julia
- 211 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Jonico Hotel
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 11, 2013
- Lazzari Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2012
- Hotel Milazzo
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 20, 2013
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- Hotel Verona
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Crosti Hotel
- 371 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Residence Gra 21
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2011
- Alessandro Legends Hostel
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Prime Hotel Roma Cassia
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Colosseum- 490 Reviews, 889 Photos
- Piazza Venezia - Vittoriano- 183 Reviews, 299 Photos
- Trevi Fountain- 330 Reviews, 543 Photos
- Roman Forum- 296 Reviews, 552 Photos
- Piazza di Spagna - Spanish Steps- 294 Reviews, 455 Photos
- Castel Sant'Angelo- 141 Reviews, 264 Photos
- Pantheon- 262 Reviews, 530 Photos
- Trajan & Imperial Forums- 90 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Piazza Navona- 234 Reviews, 401 Photos
- Villa Borghese- 89 Reviews, 159 Photos
See All Rome Things to Do