"Ed Damer" Ad-Damar by uglyscot
Ad-Damar Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
We stopped in Ed Damer on our way back from Merowe. It is a convenient place to fill up with fuel before continuing the journey to Khartoum
There is also a market when drinks and water can be purchased as well fruit- we got bananas, guava and apples to sustain us till we got home.
It doesn't differ much from other Sudanese towns.
Ed Damer is the capital of Nile State. It is located about 300 km north of Khartoum on the eastern bank of the Nile, at the confluence of the Atbara River and the Nile.
Ed Damer is famous for its Koranic schools established 300 years ago by Sheikh AI Magzoub, whose burial tomb is a major feature of the town.
In the past Ed Damer was a prosperous town lying on caravan trade routes to Egypt and the Arabian Peninsula through the Red Sea. Nowadays it has a flourishing camel market and exports to Egypt and the Gulf region.
uglyscot's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Ad-Damar
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Ad-Damar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ad-Damar
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues