"Al Hasahisa" Al Hasahisa by uglyscot
Al Hasahisa Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 17 photos
Hasahisa has been a village for a long time, but when the Sudan gezira Scheme was founded , it was in a good position between Wad Medani , capital of Gezira Province, and the northern Gezira. When a ginning factory opened at El gourashi, and later the textile factory at Sadaga
, it became a town centered on agro-based industry.
It is a nice little town between Khartoum and Wad Madani.
Hasahisa lies on the west bank of the Blue Nile. There is a ferry linking it to the east bank and the town of Rufaa.
Almost all ferry boats in Sudan look alike. Because the main Khartoum -Wad Madani road passes along the river, it is one that can be seen clearly by passengers in buses and cars.
- Pros:nice situation
The new bridge- as yet unopened 2009- will make the present ferries obsolete. It will give access to the towns of El... more travel advice
This ginning factory is on the northern side of Hasahisa.It was a revolution at the time and gave employment to women... more travel advice
uglyscot's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Al Hasahisa
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Al Hasahisa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al Hasahisa
Photos in Al HasahisaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 70 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 81 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues