"Karima" Kuraymah by uglyscot
Kuraymah Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 34 photos
I can't say much about Karima although we were in the town a couple of times. I know it used to be an important railway station when trains went regularly between Khartoum and Halfa. It lies on the opposite side of the Nile from Merowe and used to be connected to it by ferry. Now there is brand new bridge.
It is just like any other rural town in the Sudan with market, mosque , and plantations nearby because it is in the north.
When we were at El Kuru we were advised to go across a gravel plain until we came to the Petrified Forest. I had asked my husband before to take me to the one outside Omdurman, but he never did. So her e got the chance to see the trees turned to stone lying as they fell, some still recognizable as tall, others just broken sections .
We don't know if they are conifers like those near Omdurman and whether the roundish black objects found in twos and threes or single are seeds or fruits. In any case, they must be several million years old.
uglyscot's Related Pages
Kuraymah Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kuraymah
- Hotels in Kuraymah
- Transportation in Kuraymah
- Nightlife in Kuraymah
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kuraymah
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Kuraymah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuraymah
Photos in KuraymahSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 67 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues