"Sinjah or Singa" Sinjah by uglyscot
Sinjah Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos
Singa is on the west bank of the Blue Nile. It is now a state capital and so there has been a lot of change in recent years. Government offices have been refurbished and new houses have been built.
I t was near here that the 'skeleton' or head of Singa man, an archaic hominoid/ early homo sapiens was found.
In the 1980s the ore was a ferry across tjhe river, but now there is a Chinese-built bridge.
Many villages are made of thatch and straw, but even in the towns many homes will have something made of straw- an outhouse, or like this government building,
Forests are very important in this area, so the Forest National Corporation plays quite an important role still in the community.
- Pros:small town
- Cons:small town
uglyscot's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Sinjah
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Sinjah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sinjah
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 70 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 81 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues