"Tuti Island" Jazirat Tuti by uglyscot
Jazirat Tuti Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 26 photos
Tuti always had its own identity , a typical Sudanese village on an island in the Nile. It is crescent shaped and causes the Blue Nile to form two branches on either side of it , then join again before the Mogran, the junction of the Blue Nile with the White Nile to form The River Nile.
Up to now it has provided much of the vegetables for the capital Khartoum. There are orchards too. Bird watchers can find different water birds and waders on the sandy streches .It has been visited by crocodiles and even a hippopotamus in recent years, but surely all this will change.
The only way to reach it was by boat or ferry- that is until the new bridge was built in 2009. The new bridge is approached on the Khartoum side from Mek Nimir Street, and from eastern side from Khartoum North.
uglyscot's Related Pages
Jazirat Tuti Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Jazirat Tuti
- Transportation in Jazirat Tuti
- Restaurants in Jazirat Tuti
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jazirat Tuti
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Jazirat Tuti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jazirat Tuti
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 70 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 81 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues