"Msambweni" Msambweni by uglyscot
Msambweni Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 2 photos
My husband was invited to attend a workshop on pesticides. It was to be held in a school up in the Shimba Hills .We were invited to stay at a private club at Msambweni, along the Mombasa- Tanzania road. It was designed by a British architect, and constucted of local materials to local design.
We had a cottage built of local stone, wood and thatch. We had a bedroom with a mosquito net draped bed, bathroom, balcony, sitting room.
We would have our breakfast on the balcony overlooking the sea and beach. I waited for the freshly made passion fruit drink every morning- absolutely divine.
If we were not invited out we dined in on freshly cooked fish and fresh vegetables. Until our last day we were the only guests staying there so I had the pool to myself while my husband wrote his report on the workshop.
Every morning and afternoon we would make a point of sitting on the balcony of our 'hut' so that we could see the local... more travel advice
uglyscot's Related Pages
Msambweni Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Msambweni
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Msambweni?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Msambweni
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 70 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 81 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues