Dubai Hotel Tips by uglyscot Top 5 Page for this destination
Dubai Hotels: 240,097 reviews and 555 photos
I did not stay in a hotel, but from all reports the Hyatt is excellent, a true 5 star hotel.
It is relatively new, as I remember when it was being built and watched its progress.
The restaurant is open to non-residents, and also the other facilities can be used at a fee : the Kidz Corner where the children are supervised and fed; the swimming pool; tennis court; and just strolling in the lovely garden is a pleasure. Like many places in Dubai water features are common- a stream, fountains and waterfall, all aimed at reducing the heat.
Unique Qualities: The views are nothing to write home about, but the grounds are attractive and well kept.
Address: Deira Corniche Alkhaleej Road Po Box 5588
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Burj el Arab
I couldn't afford it, but my daughter and her husband spent a weekend there- it was a promotional package at reduced rate, lucky things.
They said it was out of this world.
The hotel has 4 rstaurants offering Europian, Arabian , Seafood and Infoemal cuisine. There are 3 bars, and the usual facilities: fitmess/gym, sauna, jacuzzi, hairdresser,swimming, shops and a shuttlebus service. Baby sitting is also available.
Unique Qualities: Everything is outstanding.
It is 0.5 km from the centre of the city
It is claimed to be the most architecturally advanced and the tallest hotel in the world.
Address: PO Box 74147, Dubai
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Jumaira Beach Road, Dubai
Price: US$180 and up
More Reviews (62)
- See All use of water features
- See All great gelati
- For the older generation
- See All The Floating Bridge
- See All beware sunburn
- See All Fore!
- See All Chinese goods galore
- See All Al Badia Residential Complex
- See All getting more and more congested
- Take more clothes than you think you'll...
- The best of both east and west
- suq medinat Jumairah
uglyscot's Related Pages
Dubai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not all that glitters is gold..."
- "Nothing is Too Impossible in Dubai"
- "DESERT ROSE MONOLOGUES - A DUBAI AFFAIR"
- "DUBAI - The Pearl of Arabia"
- "Developing Dubai"
- "Castles in the Sand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Transportation in Dubai
- Nightlife in Dubai
- Restaurants in Dubai
- Shopping in Dubai
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubai
- 64 Reviews
- 211 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubai
Photos in DubaiSee All Photos (211)
Read real reviews about Dubai Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 70 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 81 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burj Khalifa- 35 Reviews, 144 Photos
- Desert Safari- 53 Reviews, 161 Photos
- Jumeirah Beach Park- 37 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Atlantis - Aquaventure Waterpark- 14 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Dubai Creek- 24 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Al Fahidi Fort - Dubai Museum- 45 Reviews, 122 Photos
- Gold Souq- 21 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Madinat Jumeirah- 23 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Burj Al Arab- 40 Reviews, 105 Photos
- Jumeirah Mosque- 25 Reviews, 63 Photos
See All Dubai Things to Do