"An Umayyid site" Top 5 Page for this destination `Anjar by uglyscot
`Anjar Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 193 photos
Anjar is an Ummayyid site. Although a Moslem town it was built in the Roman style by Byzantine workers. The walls are a mixture of stone and brick.There are pillars and arches and the Roman plan of crossroads. The palace had many rooms and there was a mosque with a water cistern.
It lies on a plain . There was a private area in forested land for the ruler ; and public area where the workers lived.
Reconstruction was planned but halted by the war, and not yet resumed.
uglyscot's Related Pages
`Anjar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Lost Umayyad City of Aanjar"
- "An Umayyid site"
- "The Umayyad City Of Aanjar..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in `Anjar
- Transportation in `Anjar
- Restaurants in `Anjar
- Warnings and Dangers in `Anjar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in `Anjar
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to `Anjar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in `Anjar
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues