"Where I lived for 8 months" Brantford by Arial_27

Brantford Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 48 photos

Brantford, Ontario

Brantford is a small city west of Toronto that I didn't even know existed until I began attending this university. (Wildrid Laurier.) I attended the Brantford campus for the first year, but have decided to complete my studies at WLU at the Waterloo campus.
A lot of people complain that Brantford is rundown, dirty, and old. But personally, I find the old buildings and (even the dirtiness) sort of attractive! I grew up in such a small town that I'm not used to seeing so much graffiti; big, old empty buildings that look ready to collapse; traffic with crazy drivers; and street performers. Brantford isn't a very large city, but it has a mixture of run-down areas and clean, upper-class areas.
It is also an EXCELLENT city for food and shopping. There were two great malls, and a variety of unique cafes and bistros with good food. Since WLU is investing millions of dollars into cleaning the city up, and making it into a better campus area for students, Brantford is sure to improve within the next couple years.

• Pros:a few good stores, restaurants, parks, and a casino
  • Cons:a little run down, not as "exciting" as other cities, not much to do
  • In a nutshell:Not a "must see" place, but if you are coming you could find something to do...
  • Last visit to Brantford: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 20, 2005

Arial_27

“On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.”

Badges & Stats in Brantford

Have you been to Brantford?

Latest Activity in Brantford