"Where I lived for 8 months" Brantford by Arial_27
Brantford Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 48 photos
Brantford is a small city west of Toronto that I didn't even know existed until I began attending this university. (Wildrid Laurier.) I attended the Brantford campus for the first year, but have decided to complete my studies at WLU at the Waterloo campus.
A lot of people complain that Brantford is rundown, dirty, and old. But personally, I find the old buildings and (even the dirtiness) sort of attractive! I grew up in such a small town that I'm not used to seeing so much graffiti; big, old empty buildings that look ready to collapse; traffic with crazy drivers; and street performers. Brantford isn't a very large city, but it has a mixture of run-down areas and clean, upper-class areas.
It is also an EXCELLENT city for food and shopping. There were two great malls, and a variety of unique cafes and bistros with good food. Since WLU is investing millions of dollars into cleaning the city up, and making it into a better campus area for students, Brantford is sure to improve within the next couple years.
- Pros:a few good stores, restaurants, parks, and a casino
- Cons:a little run down, not as "exciting" as other cities, not much to do
- In a nutshell:Not a "must see" place, but if you are coming you could find something to do...
Arial_27's Related Pages
Brantford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A City with Hidden Delights"
- "Brantford-Where I live"
- "Brantford... The River Runs Through it."
- "Where I lived for 8 months"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brantford
- Hotels in Brantford
- Transportation in Brantford
- Nightlife in Brantford
- Restaurants in Brantford
- Shopping in Brantford
- Warnings and Dangers in Brantford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brantford
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Brantford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brantford
Photos in BrantfordSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- South Korea Intro, 29 reviews, 36 photos
- Toronto Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Australia Intro, 28 reviews, 36 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 18 reviews, 7 photos