"Land of monkies and nasi goreng" Sumatra by Arial_27
Sumatra Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 94 photos
Sumatra is breathtaking in landscape and fascinating in what you can see. Make sure you don't miss Lake Toba when you're here.
Although the largest island in Indonesia, Sumatra is much less touristy than Bali, Java and other parts of Indonesia. They are not as used to seeing tourists (as of 2011) which means you might be more likely to get stares or be culture shocked.
- Pros:Gorgeous senery, exotic animals and wildlife
- Cons:Unwanted attention from the men if you're a woman
- In a nutshell:It'll be an adventure
Medan is the capital city of North Sumatra and has a population of over 2 million. It's the 4th largest city in... more travel advice
This was a fancy place to stay compared to the much cheaper options there were. It worked out to be a total of $10 a... more travel advice
Arial_27's Related Pages
Sumatra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Wild and Marvelous Land of Sumatra"
- "Scenic Sumatra"
- "Land of monkies and nasi goreng"
- "Beautiful Island, But..."
- "Home of the Orang Utan"
- "Roadtrip: Jakarta - Padang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sumatra
- Hotels in Sumatra
- Transportation in Sumatra
- Warnings and Dangers in Sumatra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sumatra
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Sumatra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sumatra
Top 10 Pages
- South Korea Intro, 31 reviews, 36 photos
- Toronto Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Athens Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 18 reviews, 7 photos