"Tervetuloa~Kalos Oristate~Wilkommen~Bienvenue" Arial_27's Profile
Like everyone else here, I love to travel.
I became hooked on seeing other places at a young age when my family visited reletives in Sweden. It was my first time on an airplane and going overseas. Since then, I've seen almost 25 different countries. I especially love chances to spend a significant amount of time in a new place and know it for more than just its tourist attractions; to experience the culture, language and way of life. I spent 3 months living with a family in France in high school, and did the same later in Germany for 6 weeks. I studied for 6 months in Mexico, and worked in South Korea for a year. After that I backpacked through Southeast Asia and worked in Australia for a year.
I spent a year in Australia doing what I never thought I'd be comfortable doing: living like a hobo. I've held several different jobs doing farmwork, sales, barwork and retail; I'd usually stay at a job for 2 months tops and then leave to do some more travelling. Amazing experience and I saw most of the beautiful country.
I was an ESL teacher in South Korea. Absolutely loved it, I'd rank this one of the best years of my life. 2009 -2010
Mexico doesn't get the credit it deserves. It has a lot more to offer than just touristy beaches and resorts! I lived in Mexico City as an exchange student for an amazing 6 months during university. Learned Spanish, ate lots of real Mexican food and mingled with the Mexicans. Definitely my most 'fun' semester at uni!
I have Swedish grandparents who looked after me as a child and taught me the language. I'm also lucky to have travelled to the country several times to visit relatives. Since they live in the north of the country, and I mainly spend my time there visiting with them, I haven't done much in the way of sightseeing. Most of my tips are cultural and/or based on just random facts. I'm proud to call Swedish my heritage. I love Sweden!
I'm from Ontario, Canada. I grew up in a small town with two brothers, and lots of pet cats. I'm used to rural country areas, but since have grown a love for big city life. I absolutely love foreign languages and can speak four of them well (English, French, Spanish and Swedish) and a few others at the basic/conversational level - German, Polish and Korean. I'm always looking for language partners or opportunities to practice! I love to read and scrapbook on my spare time, and just recently got my scuba diving licence so I'm excited to make that a big part of my life too.
Countries I've been to:
-Canada: most of my life
-China: 2010, 2011
-Dominican Republic: 2005
-France: 2003, 2004
-Japan: 2009, 2010
-Mexico: 2008, 2009
- South Korea: 2009-2010
-Sweden: 1999, 2000, 2003, 2009
-United States: 1992, 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008
Airlines I've flown with:
Aeromexico, Air Asia, Air Canada, Air France, Air Transat, American Airlines, Asiana, China Eatern Air, Continental Airlines, Delta, Icelandair, Japan Airlines, KLM, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Mexicana, Qantas, Scandinavian Airlines, Taca, United, U.S. Airways
Argentina, Austria, Costa Rica, Cuba, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Holland, India, Ireland, Italy, Laos, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Vietnam + many many more...
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 293 Reviews
- 399 Photos
- 16 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Arial_27 and y2ketan2007 are now friends.
- Commented on GentleSpirit's profile page
- updated a Waterloo Travel Page ""Waterloo - couldn't escape if I wanted to"..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hallowe'en"
- Wrote a Review Medan in Sumatra Favorites
updated their Profile Page "Tervetuloa~Kalos Oristate~Wilkommen~Bienvenue"
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Visiting Buckinham Palace"
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- South Korea Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Australia Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Alliston Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos