"La Isla Bonita" San Pedro by wreckloose

San Pedro Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 190 photos

Belize

Our plane tickets were bought and hotel reservations made months in advance... more than enough time to build up the anticipation... so it was a curiousity as to why this trip lacked any of the usual fanfare. The more I thought about it, the more I couldn't shake the feeling that I was pretty unexcited about my vacation when it dawned on me... I knew absolutely nothing about the country of Belize.

One of the reasons I joined VT years back was to find out more information about the Philippines when I realized I was going back for the first time in almost 20 years... so naturally, VT was the first place I came back to for information on Belize.

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

On the day of our departure, I presumed I was armed with more than enough VT, Fodor and Lonely Planet tips to get me through our vacation. Despite that, I still found myself unprepared for how long it would actually take to get to our destination. We left Vancouver on a Saturday morning by Greyhound en route to our flight from Seattle-Tacoma Airport. After a pit stop at Taco Del Mar we were off to Houston and in the morning Belize City. One cab ride, a water taxi and 25 travel hours later we were finally docked in San Pedro.

• Last visit to San Pedro: Apr 2009
  • Intro Written Oct 27, 2009

Comments

Badges & Stats in San Pedro

Have you been to San Pedro?

Latest Activity in San Pedro