"La Isla Bonita" San Pedro by wreckloose
San Pedro Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 190 photos
Our plane tickets were bought and hotel reservations made months in advance... more than enough time to build up the anticipation... so it was a curiousity as to why this trip lacked any of the usual fanfare. The more I thought about it, the more I couldn't shake the feeling that I was pretty unexcited about my vacation when it dawned on me... I knew absolutely nothing about the country of Belize.
One of the reasons I joined VT years back was to find out more information about the Philippines when I realized I was going back for the first time in almost 20 years... so naturally, VT was the first place I came back to for information on Belize.
On the day of our departure, I presumed I was armed with more than enough VT, Fodor and Lonely Planet tips to get me through our vacation. Despite that, I still found myself unprepared for how long it would actually take to get to our destination. We left Vancouver on a Saturday morning by Greyhound en route to our flight from Seattle-Tacoma Airport. After a pit stop at Taco Del Mar we were off to Houston and in the morning Belize City. One cab ride, a water taxi and 25 travel hours later we were finally docked in San Pedro.
Having a golf cart at our disposal was probably the best thing we could have done on our trip. Not to say walking was... more travel advice
Owned by celebrated local chef Amy Knox, Wild Mango's was definitely personal dining favorite on the island. The menu is... more travel advice
wreckloose's Related Pages
San Pedro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Pedro, Ambergris Caye"
- "How do we get to "Jurrasic Park"?"
- "La Isla Bonita !"
- "Getting overcrowded, but had some appeal"
- "La Isla Bonita"
- "San Pedro"
- "Treasure Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Pedro
- Hotels in San Pedro
- Transportation in San Pedro
- Nightlife in San Pedro
- Restaurants in San Pedro
- Shopping in San Pedro
- Warnings and Dangers in San Pedro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Pedro
- 9 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to San Pedro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Pedro
Top 10 Pages
- Manila Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- San Pedro Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos
- Toronto Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Halifax Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Chicago Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Montreal Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Calgary Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Quebec Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos