"Bena, Minnesota - Pronounced "bean-nah"" Bena by gregoryr1m
Bena Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
Bena, Minnesota is a very small town with a population of 110 is located on Hwy. 2 on Lake Winnibigoshish. It is a beautiful 32 mile drive from Bemidji, going right through Chippewa National Forest. There are many small resorts and camp sights on the lake but the big attraction in Bena is The Big Fish Supper Club. Charles Kuralt called this place his favorite building in America.
The 65' x 15' muskie was built by fifteen year old Butch Dahl and was orginally called The Big Muskie Drive-In. The mouth is wide enough to stand inside and be photographed, an idea that seems to occur several times a day. People also tie a fishing line to one of the fiberglass teeth as if they had caught "The Big One."
Butch Dahl now owns the red white and blue service station about 3 miles east of Big Fish Supper Club.
This is the gas pump at that service station and I must admit that this seemed primitive to me as I am use to seeing them with digital read outs and have a place to accept credit cards. I guess self-service is a modern as they have gotten here. But they like it that way.
gregoryr1m's Related Pages
Bena Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Bena
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bena
Top 10 Pages
- Minneapolis Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Paul Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bemidji Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stillwater Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 26 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Duluth Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- William O'Brien State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue