"Magic Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Sintra by NunoF
Sintra Travel Guide: 537 reviews and 2,150 photos
SINTRA's stunning setting on the north of the granite Serra, among wooded ravines and fresh water springs, made it a favourite summer retreat of the Portuguese Kings. The town was recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1995. The tall conical chimneys of the Palacio Nacional de Sintra and the fabulous Palacio da Pena eerily impressive on its peak when the Serra is blanketed in mist.
I have to say that Sintra always make me feel nostalgic, maybe it's because of all those ancient buildings and lots of vegetation.
Althought it became a touristic spot with all beneficts (and prejudices) that come from that, living in Sintra is almost like living in the country but only 20km away from the capital, Lisbon.
Most of Sintra's visitors search for its beautiful buildings, but what makes Sintra a mystic old town is its forest...... more travel advice
This elegant, pink palace, now a luxury hotel and restaurant, was built in the 18th century for the Dutch Consul,... more travel advice
NunoF's Related Pages
Sintra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Freshness near Lisbon"
- "The Pinnacle of Portugal !"
- "Keeweechic's Sintra"
- "Magic Town"
- "Sintra, Portugal"
- "THE NOBLE TOWN OF SINTRA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sintra
- Hotels in Sintra
- Transportation in Sintra
- Nightlife in Sintra
- Restaurants in Sintra
- Shopping in Sintra
- Warnings and Dangers in Sintra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sintra
- 23 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Sintra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sintra
Photos in SintraSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sintra Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Queluz Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Setúbal Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fátima Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lagos Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Palmela Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 22 photos, 4 travelogues