"Mallorca - Hot Water, Great City, Cool Landscapes" Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca by NunoF

Palma de Mallorca Travel Guide: 735 reviews and 1,882 photos

I have to say that before we left Portugal I wasn't too excited with that destination... It all began some months before when Ana won 2 plane tickets to the Balearic Islands, so we didn't had too much choice...
But all that changed as soon as we arrived to the hotel (Iberostar Albufera Playa, in Alcudia Bay) since it was located in a Natural Park and we were almost isolated from the rest of the world, the weather wasn't as hot as it was in Portugal but the water was extremely hot, and as all my close friends know, the water temperature is very important to me (I can't swim and when I go to the beach and have cold water the first thing I think is "when do we leave?")

This trip was planned to be a week of total relaxation, that's why we stayed at the hotel and just ventured out only twice: to visit Palma de Mallorca and to go see the caves in Porto Cristo (caves del Drac and dels Hams).

• Pros: Great beaches...
  • Cons: Too many german language (I can't speak german) heheh
  • In a nutshell: A very good destination in Europe to make a good beach vacation
  • Intro Updated Dec 22, 2004

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I hope to re visit Mallorca soon.

Ciao!

• Sep 23, 2009 at 7:29 AM

The caves may be beautiful, but beware the people working there. It would seem that they are there for one reason, TO STOP YOU FROM TAKING ANY PHOTOS AT ALL!!! I very nearly had a fist-fight with three of their staff over this issue. Stay away!!!

• russian_yaz's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2005 at 6:31 AM

Nice pics inside the Cathedral. I haven´t enter so I´ll try soon to see it for real

• Sasha.M's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2004 at 3:34 AM

Seems to me like great place to visit.Best wishes from Belgrade!!!

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2003 at 3:26 PM

Nice page. I love Mallorca, i had been there twice. The Caves of El Drac are amazing. :-)

• coceng's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2003 at 9:11 AM

This place is ever beautiful ! One day I would be here ! Great page Nuno...:) Regards.

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2003 at 3:31 AM

Nice one, Nuno! I've never been to Mallorca but I think I'm far less sceptic now :-)

• Bigs's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2003 at 2:37 AM

Oh I'm the first!!! I also was sceptic before going to Mallorca, but I had the most relaxing stay there on a lovely finca and we saw a lot of the island too! It's no tourist trap at all!

NunoF

“aut caesar, aut nihil”

Badges & Stats in Palma de Mallorca

Have you been to Palma de Mallorca?

Photos in Palma de Mallorca