"Franconia Notch" Franconia Notch State Park by Fewf
Franconia Notch State Park Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 34 photos
For a considerable stretch, I-93 ceases to be an interstate highway and becomes the Franconia Notch Parkway. All signs become brown, the speed limit drops significantly, and the views are very impressive. The road climbs to an elevation 1500 feet higher than that which it has before entering the mountains. Each of the pulloffs is the start of at least one (usually many more) hiking trail, and the views off of the hiking trails are considerably more impressive than those from the road.
If you've seen Franconia Notch in one season, you may have trouble recognizing it in another. It varies from icy cold to searingly hot, and the color of your views, depending on the time of year, will be either predominantly green or predominantly white. Come one day, and it will be packed with bustling crowds. Come again later that year, and you will be all alone at each pulloff.
My own favorite time to come--by far--is on an empty winter weekday. But Franconia Notch in the winter is my childhood, so that's not entirely fair.
A short trail leads you to--surprise!--a large rock basin. It's amazing what water can do to stone over the course of... more travel advice
Fewf's Related Pages
Franconia Notch State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CAMPING AT ITS BEST"
- "A Glimpse Of Beauty"
- "Beautiful White Mountain Location"
- "Franconia Notch - White Mountains"
- "Franconia Notch"
- "Franconia Notch State Park"
- "man of the mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Franconia Notch State Park
- Hotels in Franconia Notch State Park
- Restaurants in Franconia Notch State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Franconia Notch State Park
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Franconia Notch State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Franconia Notch State Park
Top 10 Pages
- Anaheim Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Ithaca Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos
- Simi Valley Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Salisbury Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Harwich Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Estado de Baja California Norte Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
No friends yet.