"Where the Witch Trials REALLY Happened" Danvers by Fewf
Danvers Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 29 photos
Most residents of Danvers don't even realize that it was formerly (until 1752) called Salem Village, and that this is where the Salem Witch Trials actually happened! There are plenty of places where you can read about the history of the witch trials, so I'll spare you here--but I've hardly ever seen anything that mentions where to actually find any of the places where it happened, so my initial tips for Danvers will concentrate on that.
Huge thanks to Bubba Riley and Jonathan, who once pointed these places out to me.
In 1692, 19 people were hanged, one man was pressed to death, and many others died in jail during the Salem witch... more travel advice
This house belonged to Deacon Nathaniel Ingersoll. Visitors to the village around the period of the witch trials were... more travel advice
Fewf's Related Pages
Danvers Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where the Witch Trials REALLY Happened"
- "Witches and Loonies"
- "Overnight Stays in Danvers"
- "John195123's new Danvers Page"
- "Danvers Hospital"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Danvers
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Danvers?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Danvers
Photos in DanversSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Anaheim Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Ithaca Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos
- Simi Valley Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Salisbury Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Harwich Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Estado de Baja California Norte Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
No friends yet.