"Travel this world!" carloarg02's Profile

1998: Colombia and Ecuador

I flew to Medellin, and then drove fom there to Cali and finally to Ecuador. Crossing the Andres was an interesting experience!

1999: Brazil

I flew from JFK to Rio and spent two weeks in Rio working with a Habitat for Humanity group. I had been to Brazil before, 5 times between 1985 and 1991, typically to the south: Porto Alegre, Sao Paulo.

2001: Argentina and Uruguay

I spent a month in Argentina in March. About two weeks in Buenos Aires, a week in the beach of Punta del Este (Uruguay), and another week back in my hometown of Santa Fe, Argentina

2003: Egypt!

One of my true passions in life is to travel around the world. Ever since I graduated from my undergrad I promised myself I'd visit a different country every year. I celebrated my graduation from my Masters with a 2-week trip along the Nile, traveling a thousand miles from the warm Mediterranean beaches of Alexandria to the border with Sudan with a number of transportations methods ranging from a camel to a transatlantic 777. In every possible way, it was the trip of a lifetime - and certainly, one of the dreams of my life. Some of the highlights of it were a camel ride to the Giza Pyramids, many romantic sunsets on the Nile, randomly wandering the exotic streets of Cairo, eating some things the US Department of Health would probably not quite approve, exploring some unbelievable medieval mosques, enjoying a spectacular sunrise on the Nubian temple of Abu Simbel, sailing on a felucca around Elephantine Island, an almost mystical night walk around the temple of Komombo, sun-bathing both in the Mediterranean beaches of Alexandria and on the deck on my cruise ship, and a sunset on Luxor & Karnak.

2003: Singapore and Bali

I was always curious about the different Asian cultures... in this trip I was able to explore a bit of that, with a short stop in Taipei, Taiwan, and another one in Tokyo on the way back, two days in Singapore and six in the wonderful tropical island of Bali, Indonesia. Bali is a very interesting island as it has Hindu and Chinese influence - its temples (some over a thousand years old), are unique in the world, and likewise its culture is peculiar. Its beaches are spectacular. We even had a chance to go snorkeling around an old shipwreck!

2004: England, Scotland, France

Flew into London, spent a few days there, took Eurostar to Paris, coupla days, then back to London, flew to Edinburgh (Scotland), drove around Scotland (seeing Loch Ness and lots of castles), and back to London, for a final English country side drive (including Bath and Stonehenge)

2005: India, Nepal and Korea

Spent a month in northern India, starting in New Delhi, then off to Jaipur, Agra (where the Taj Mahal is) and then 3 days sailing on the Ganges towards Varanasi (and camping in the sandy shores of the Ganges at night, what a treat!). From there we crossed over to Nepal, spent a few weeks in the jungle (Chitwan), on an elephant safari, then off to Kathmandu and hiking in the foothills of the Himalayas. Finally, relaxed for four days in beautiful Seoul, South Korea, en route back to the US.

2006: Peru!

A couple of weeks in Lima, then off to Cusco, and Aguas Calientes, to explore Machu Piccchu (sunrise at Machu Picchu was amazing!). What an incredible place.

• Intro Updated May 27, 2006

Personal Pages (1)

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2009 at 11:14 PM

┬┐Argentino?

• JamalMorelli's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2006 at 3:25 PM

Dude, you are a giant! They must worship you in SE Asia! Your pictures are quite diggable - I'd love to travel to those places and short of that see giant copies of your photos. Most awesome.

• AmberI's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2004 at 12:15 PM

Happy Birthday Carlos-- Can't wait to see your info about all the destinations you have visited! Have a great day...enjoy your moment.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!