This was my second attempt at an abstract painting. It is amazingly far more difficult that you'd think in order to paint an abstract... I initally started painting the daffodils - the pic down below - but found that it was to dull for me. I was looking to paint something bright and cheerful and decided on the US flag. The painting just grew from there. There is no meaning behind the painting, although my friends have had great fun in creating their own stories. My favourite part of the painting are the sunglasses on the cacti - I don't know where it came from, left-brained person that I am!
Big news just in ... I'm moving to Singapore! I have been offered an amazing job at Standard Chartered Bank (including travel) and will be starting there in August. My first trip will be to Jersey (in the summer) - can't wait. Although I will be sad to leave Cape Town, my friends and my life it is the start of a new adventure!
Thanks for your time and your comments... and may you enjoy your travels.
A friend once told me that daffodils are known in Belgium as “Easter Flowers” and this is true. I remember in mid February after my first London winter how, seemingly out of nowhere, every grassy patch was covered with a multitude of bright yellow daffodils. They, and the cherry blossoms, brought out some colour and hope that all was not dead after the grey winter. In the 2 February’s that I spent in Europe I really loved the colour that they brought to countryside.
I returned to Cape Town in 2004 after spending nearly 3 years traveling and working in London, Cayman and Luxembourg. My travel diary is as follows:
November 2005: New Zealand (1 month)
April 2006: Northern KZN, South Africa (1 week)
November 2006: Knysna, South Africa (1 week)
New Year 2007: Orange River & West Coast (South Africa) (1 week)
March 2007: Middle East (1 month)
I know that I've been bad about updating tips etc... I'll try and do better, but not promising anything.
I love the outdoors and spend most of my leisure time doing various activities. Sailing (and my digital camera) has given me awesome opportunities to find some great pictures. I am an active member of the Royal Cape Yacht club (www.rcyc.co.za for more info), although it does tend to be a drinking club with a sailing problem, which I don't think is much different from any other social activity! Unfortuantely I tend to get very sea-sick at times, so traveling in this manner would not be fun.
My other love is flying. I am a member of the Cape Gliding Club (www.cgc.org.za) and in the process (a very long one) of completing my licence. Check out "things to do" on my Cape Town page for more information.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 29 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- carteki and jo104 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Singapore Forum "Re: confusion"
- Wrote a Review How to Avoid Being Ripped Off By Taxis about Taxis in Singapore Transportation
- Commented on jo104's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Its the little things that matter or do they?"
updated their Personal Page "My First Year in Asia"
- created a Kuala Lumpur Travel Page "Home of the Petronas Towers"
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town 5 reviews, 2 photos
- New York City 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Swellendam 1 review, 4 photos
- Lake Taupo 1 review, 4 photos
- Singapore 4 reviews
- Seoul 1 review, 3 photos
- Dubai 1 review, 2 photos
- Grand Cayman 1 review, 2 photos
- Lillehammer Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos