"Welcome" carteki's Profile

This was my second attempt at an abstract painting. It is amazingly far more difficult that you'd think in order to paint an abstract... I initally started painting the daffodils - the pic down below - but found that it was to dull for me. I was looking to paint something bright and cheerful and decided on the US flag. The painting just grew from there. There is no meaning behind the painting, although my friends have had great fun in creating their own stories. My favourite part of the painting are the sunglasses on the cacti - I don't know where it came from, left-brained person that I am!

Big news just in ... I'm moving to Singapore! I have been offered an amazing job at Standard Chartered Bank (including travel) and will be starting there in August. My first trip will be to Jersey (in the summer) - can't wait. Although I will be sad to leave Cape Town, my friends and my life it is the start of a new adventure!
Thanks for your time and your comments... and may you enjoy your travels.

A friend once told me that daffodils are known in Belgium as “Easter Flowers” and this is true. I remember in mid February after my first London winter how, seemingly out of nowhere, every grassy patch was covered with a multitude of bright yellow daffodils. They, and the cherry blossoms, brought out some colour and hope that all was not dead after the grey winter. In the 2 February’s that I spent in Europe I really loved the colour that they brought to countryside.

I returned to Cape Town in 2004 after spending nearly 3 years traveling and working in London, Cayman and Luxembourg. My travel diary is as follows:
November 2005: New Zealand (1 month)
April 2006: Northern KZN, South Africa (1 week)
November 2006: Knysna, South Africa (1 week)
New Year 2007: Orange River & West Coast (South Africa) (1 week)
March 2007: Middle East (1 month)
I know that I've been bad about updating tips etc... I'll try and do better, but not promising anything.

I love the outdoors and spend most of my leisure time doing various activities. Sailing (and my digital camera) has given me awesome opportunities to find some great pictures. I am an active member of the Royal Cape Yacht club (www.rcyc.co.za for more info), although it does tend to be a drinking club with a sailing problem, which I don't think is much different from any other social activity! Unfortuantely I tend to get very sea-sick at times, so traveling in this manner would not be fun.
My other love is flying. I am a member of the Cape Gliding Club (www.cgc.org.za) and in the process (a very long one) of completing my licence. Check out "things to do" on my Cape Town page for more information.

• Intro Updated Jul 10, 2007

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Sorry to be late but hope u had a lovely birthday

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Happy birthday Kim! Have not seen you around in a while; hope all is well.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2010 at 5:29 AM

Wow what cool news how are you enjoying Singapore? Jersey is a great destination business or pleasure? Enjoy your birthday tomorrow

• muratkorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2010 at 3:32 AM

Happy birthday :) Enjoy 2010...

• Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2010 at 5:01 AM

where were you before?

• lovinoz's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Hi, haven't been to Iran yet ... thinking about maybe going near end of this year. Just looking into options now. Already went to 27 other countries on our RTW trip in 06-07 and need to update my pages. :)

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2009 at 5:46 AM

Hello & by the way: are you here in Dubai still? You never sent me your local mobile number... how much longer are you staying?

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2009 at 1:29 AM

Thanks for stopping by! I was in the deserts for about a month, left yesterday. I actually just walked out of the airport back in Korea...

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2009 at 7:40 AM

what beautiful henna on your hand / ppp. :)

• craic's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2009 at 6:38 PM

an outside balcony is always good

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
carteki's Profile Photo

carteki

“Forgive your enemies - and scare the hell out of them!”

Real Name