"Greifenstein - Castle and Bell Museum" Greifenstein by himalia11
Greifenstein Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 8 photos
The village Greifenstein is found in the Westerwald mountains. Apart from the nice sourrounding that invites you to walk a bit, it has an interesting bell museum that is situated in some nice castle ruins.
Other sights in the neighbourhood of Greifenstein:
Braunfels (20 km): another castle/Schloss, but this time an intact and furnished one
Dillenburg (20 km): casemates/fort, medieval city
Solms-Oberbiel (25): Grube Fortuna, where you can explore a mine with a guided tour
Wetzlar (20 km) and Weilburg (25 km in the other direction): two nice medieval cities at the river Lahn. Weilburg also has a little but nice crystal cave.
In the castle grounds, there's a baroque church from around 1700. Under this church you will find a gotic chapel called... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Greifenstein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Greifenstein - Castle and Bell Museum"
- "Burg Greifenstein and German Bell Museum"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Greifenstein
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Greifenstein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greifenstein
Photos in GreifensteinSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Saßnitz Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kempten Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos
- Potsdam Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues