"VT meeting in Kempten" Top 5 Page for this destination Kempten by himalia11

Kempten Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 251 photos

Kempten is located in the Allgäu, about 90km south of Ulm. It’s a nice town at the Iller river with several sights to visit, and the Alps are also not far away!
We had a little VT meeting there, organized by gubbi1 (a thank-you to him!), which was great. I’m not sure if I’ve ever visited Kempten otherwise, but I’m glad I did as it was really interesting! Besides visiting Kempten with its pompous residence and its archeological park, we went to Oberstdorf where we walked through the nearby Breitachklamm, and also visited the monasteries in Ottobeuren and Buxheim as well as the town Memmingen. All very nice places and not far away!

• Last visit to Kempten: May 2012
  • Intro Updated Oct 22, 2012

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Another fantastic new page of yours. It looks like you had a pleasant VT meeting in Kempten and you obviously met the VT expert for Kempten there. The view from your blcony at the hotel Berg Cafe was indeed fabulous.

• himalia11's Profile Photo
      Nov 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Thank you! It's always great to have a local showing you around!

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2012 at 12:48 PM

What a gorgeous old town, I really enjoyed reading your tips and seeing your lovely photos. Perfect location for a VT meet, I'd love to go here one day :-)

• himalia11's Profile Photo
      Oct 26, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Hi Pam, thanks for your comment! In case you go there one day, we can have another VT meeting there. :-)

• kiwi's Profile Photo
      Oct 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Good idea! But I won't be coming soon, just 'one day' :-) Thanks!

himalia11

“Carpe Diem!”

Badges & Stats in Kempten

Have you been to Kempten?

Latest Activity in Kempten