"Famous for mercury and lace" Idrija by himalia11
Idrija Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 53 photos
Idrija is situated in the northwest of Slovenia, about 1 hour drive from Ljubljana, in a picturesque landscape, enclosed by several hills. It’s known for its mercury mine and for the lace. There’s a Lace Festival each year end of August. You'll find in Idrija a very good museum in the castle, the Anthony mine is open to visitors, and also closeby, you can visit a Partisan Hospital and Partisan Printery, as well as an old water pump and a green lake.
The mine in Idrija has been the second largest mercury mine of the world. In 1500, the Anthony mine was opened and as... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Idrija Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A city that lived on Quicksilver for 5 centuries"
- "INTRIGUING IDRIJA!"
- "Famous for mercury and lace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Idrija
- Hotels in Idrija
- Restaurants in Idrija
- Warnings and Dangers in Idrija
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Idrija
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Idrija?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Idrija
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Saßnitz Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kempten Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos