"The northeast of Slovenia" Murska Sobota by himalia11
Murska Sobota Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 89 photos
Murska Sobota is a little city of about 20000 inhabitants in the north-east of Slovenia. This region is less touristy than the other parts of Slovenia, but also interesting and worth a visit. It shows you how different the regions of Slovenia are!
Murska Sobota is situated in the region that is called Prekmurje which means something like "over the river Mura". This river Mura separates this region from the rest of Slovenia. In a small part in the east of Prekmurje, close to the border with Hungary, lots of signs are also in Hungarian, and there's a small minority of Hungarian people. Also, you'll notice the Austrian influence in Prekmurje, lots of people there speak German with an Austrian accent. And several websites are only in Slovenian and German, not English!
I'm putting all my tips about the Prekmurje region on this page as Murska Sobota is the major city there and I don't think it make sense to build several pages for each place with just one tip.
We've stayed two nights in a hotel in Moravske Toplice close to M. Sobota and from there explored the rest of Prekmurje. Luckily we were joined by my Slovenien penfriend who used to live in M. Sobota and could show us the most interesting places and give some more background information. If it had not been for her, I'm not sure if we had visited this area as there are so little information about it, but it was nice and interesting and I'm glad that we've seen also this part of Slovenia!
Lendava is found in the most eastern part of Slovenia close to the border with Hungary. In this part of Slovenia, lots... more travel advice
This little round church was built in the 13th century. It’s the only rotunda in this region, however some more can be... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Murska Sobota Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweetberry's Murska Sobota Page."
- "The northeast of Slovenia"
- "capital of North East 'province'"
- "My town Murska Sobota!"
- "PREKMURJE - NORTH EAST PART OF SLOVENIA"
- "Prekmurje - A Hidden Land over the Mura"
- "The Start of What Was... Part 2"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Murska Sobota
- Hotels in Murska Sobota
- Transportation in Murska Sobota
- Nightlife in Murska Sobota
- Restaurants in Murska Sobota
- Shopping in Murska Sobota
- Warnings and Dangers in Murska Sobota
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Murska Sobota
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Murska Sobota?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Murska Sobota
Photos in Murska SobotaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Saßnitz Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kempten Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos
- Potsdam Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
Latest Murska Sobota hotel reviews
- Ferienanlage Terme 3000
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 28, 2012