"Piran - a lovely coast town" Piran by himalia11
Piran Travel Guide: 514 reviews and 1,217 photos
Piran is one of the few cities at the coast of Slovenia. Slovenia has only a small part of coast (47 km), and Croatia would like to also own this part of the coast…
Piran, which is situated on a peninsula, has a nice old town and attracts lots of visitors. At lots of buildings you can see that Piran once belonged to Venice, when I’ve been there I felt like being in Italy and not in Slovenia anymore! Also lots of signs are as well in Slovenian as in Italian.
More on Piran can be found on the Portorož webpage.
We’ve also been to Izola, which isn’t far from Piran, and found this much more quite than Piran. There weren’t that many tourists and Izola has also a nice old town with small paths. There are not that many tourist sights, however, but I like it there.
At the place of the Tartini Square, there formerly was a fisher harbour. In 1894, it was filled in and this square was... more travel advice
We went only a few steps away from the busy shore with all those people and suddenly found ourselves in a labyrinth of... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Piran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Slovenia with a touch of Venice"
- "One of the most livable places in Europe."
- "PIRAN - the pearl of Slovenian Coast"
- "Piran - Slovenia's coastal jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Piran
- Hotels in Piran
- Transportation in Piran
- Nightlife in Piran
- Restaurants in Piran
- Shopping in Piran
- Warnings and Dangers in Piran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Piran
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (88)
Have you been to Piran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piran
Photos in PiranSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lindenfels Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bad Ems Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos