"Štanjel - City of Stone" Stanjel by himalia11
Stanjel Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 63 photos
Štanjel is a very picturesque village about 20 km from Sezana and one of the oldest in the Karst region. There are lots of typical Karst houses, all houses are built out of stone and directly side by side.
The lanes are very small, almost impossible to pass by car, and when walking around there I felt a little bit like in a labyrinth but fortunately it’s a very small village and not that many lanes! There’s also a newer part of Štanjel on the bottom of the hill with a small supermarket, post office, petrol station and the tourist office, also you’ll find some parking there.
You can get more information about Štanjel and its surrounding on the website of Komen.
The castle Rihemberg is a quite old castle which first was mentioned in 1230 and situated about 6 km far from Štanjel.... more travel advice
St. Gregors church with its stone roof is found on the hill next to Štanjel. It’s part of the Fabiani path and you’ll... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Stanjel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Štanjel - City of Stone"
- "Hidden Jem in the Karst"
- "Medieval Karst Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stanjel
- Hotels in Stanjel
- Transportation in Stanjel
- Restaurants in Stanjel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stanjel
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Stanjel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stanjel
Photos in StanjelSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bad Ems Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Saßnitz Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues