"Limburg, the town where I was born" Limburg an der Lahn by himalia11
Limburg an der Lahn Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 111 photos
Limburg is a small German town (36.000 inhabitants) at the river Lahn, between the mountains Taunus and Westerwald.
I often hear people say: "Limburg, isn't it the city with the beautiful cathedral that you can see from the highway? I've seen it often, but I never been there!". Well, it's worth a visit, and also the Old Town with its medieval houses!
Once, the cathedral of Limburg has been on the banknote for 1000 DM (about 500 Euros). Unfortunately I never had one... ;-) There are still towels which show this banknote, like on this photo, you can get them as souvenir.
There are several other nice towns that you could visit while being in this area:
- Runkel (6 km), a lovely village at the river Lahn, with a small castle
- Weilburg (23 km), another medieval town at the river Lahn, with a palace and a small but interesting cave
- Freienfels (21 km) and its castle ruins, famous for it's medieval festival around May 1st
- Braunfels (32 km), again a nice medieval town, with a fairy-tale castle
It still remember the discussions and complains about this Hattstein fountain on the Plötze place. Before, there was the... more travel advice
There's a boat called "Wappen von Limburg" (something like "emblem of Limburg") which goes both upstream (to Dehrn) and... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Limburg an der Lahn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Limburg, the town where I was born"
- "A tale town"
- "Limburg offers more than just the Dom ..."
- "Limburg an der Lahn, Germany"
- "Limburg/ Lahn"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Limburg an der Lahn
- Hotels in Limburg an der Lahn
- Transportation in Limburg an der Lahn
- Restaurants in Limburg an der Lahn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Limburg an der Lahn
- 23 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Limburg an der Lahn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Limburg an der Lahn
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Monschau near Wuppertal?"
- updated a Limburg an der Lahn Travel Page "Limburg, the town where I was born"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Limburg, the town where I was born"
- Wrote a Review Hattstein fountain "Der Säufer" (the soaker) in Limburg an der Lahn Things to Do
- Commented on one of helenrosem's Limburg an der Lahn travel pages
Photos in Limburg an der LahnSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Saßnitz Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kempten Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos