"Memmingen" Top 5 Page for this destination Memmingen by himalia11
Memmingen Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 133 photos
Memmingen is located at the edge of the Allgäu, between Ulm (61km) and Kempten (35km). When you walk through the town, you can see that it was a merchant’s town – there are several guild houses, a tanner quarter and a former salt warehouse. Besides, there are interesting churches, and still several pieces of the old town wall and its towers & gates are left.
We spent an afternoon walking through that town, after having visited two nearby monasteries, the Carthusian monastery in Buxheim and the Benedictine Abbey and basilica in Ottobeuren. They are worth a visit also when you are in that area!
Memmingen is a town that you can well explorer by foot. There are two signposted walks through the town, called “Grüner... more travel advice
Memmingen is located on the old salt-route that went from Bad Reichenhall to the Switzerland. So there had been several... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Memmingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The nice town of Memmingen"
- "EXPLORING MEMMINGEN!"
- "An overnight in Memmingen"
- "when 1970's or ? ?"
- "Charming town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Memmingen
- 8 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Memmingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Memmingen
Photos in MemmingenSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Saßnitz Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kempten Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos