"Mettlach near the Saar loop" Mettlach by himalia11
Mettlach Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 45 photos
Mettlach is a small town in the Saarland, about 8 km from Merzig.
Near Mettlach is the Saar loop, a large loop of the river that you best can see from the viewpoint Cloef in the village Orscholz which also belongs to Mettlach. An amazing view!
But also Mettlach itself is worth a visit, with it’s nice church and the old abbey with its park. Here you find Villeroy & Boch which has its headquarter in Mettlach, with a “discovery centre” and of course a factory outlet. So if you need some ceramics, glass, crystals or other accessories you are right here!
Mettlach is a nice town for people with cars: the car parks are free! Except the ones in Oscholz near the Cloef... more travel advice
Saint Lutwinus/ Liutwin is the founder of the abbey of Mettlach and you find a statue of him near the market place.... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Mettlach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ceramics and the Loop of the Saar"
- "Mettlach near the Saar loop"
- "Mettlach - Home of Villeroy & Boch"
- "Finally, I found my dishes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mettlach
- Hotels in Mettlach
- Transportation in Mettlach
- Shopping in Mettlach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mettlach
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Mettlach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mettlach
Photos in MettlachSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bad Ems Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Saßnitz Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues