"Monschau" Monschau by himalia11
Monschau Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 59 photos
Monschau is a small town with about 13.000 inhabitants, located in the Eifel region, about 35 km south of Aachen. Monschau was called Montjoie until 1918, which means "mount of joy".
It is situated in a narrow valley of the Rur river and has a lovely old town, with a castle and ruins above the town, a great place to spend a few days. And if you are up to hike a bit, you'll find plenty of opportunities in the near environment as you have there the Eifel national park and the Hohes Venn natural park.
You can find some good information on the town on their website www.monschau.de, from where you also can download information on walking trails through the town and nearby.
Other helpful websites on the region:
The ?Monschauer Dütchen? is a biscuit/sponge cake that is being formed like an ice-cream wafer. It?s usually filled with... more travel advice
When we went to that hotel/restaurant we were greeted by the waiter in Dutch, who seemed to be confused that we are... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Monschau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SPECTACULAR VALLEY & TOWN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monschau
- Hotels in Monschau
- Transportation in Monschau
- Restaurants in Monschau
- Shopping in Monschau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monschau
- 21 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Monschau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monschau
Photos in MonschauSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Alpbach Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wetzlar Intro, 11 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaprun Intro, 9 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bundesland Salzburg Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos