"Passau during floods..." Top 5 Page for this destination Passau by himalia11
Passau Travel Guide: 174 reviews and 427 photos
Passau is situated in Eastern Bavaria, close to the border to Austria. Also the Czech Republic is not far. Passau is the "City of the three rivers", as here the three rivers Donau (Danube), Inn and Ilz are flowing together.
There's a nice castle with interesting exhibitions, also the old town with its narrow streets and the cathedral are worth a visit. Besides, you can go for a walk on the promenade along the rivers, you can take a river cruise or rent a bike and ride on the cycling paths next to the rivers.
If you are looking for further information on Passau, visit the official internet page at www.passau.de, there's a good city map and also some information in English.
We spent one night in Passau and enjoyed it. It also was quite adventurous as we were there exactly when there were the floods in South Germany. Parts of the old town were under water, and we had a reservation in a pension there. Fortunately there was only water in the cellar, so it was no problem. However the police had closed the bridge to the old town and I had to convice a policeman to let us pass! During the afternoon, the water went higher and higher, when walking around in the old town we saw several people putting sandbags in front of their house. And the river Inn had a really high speed, compared to the river Donau! But the next morning the situation had eased off a bit, the water had gone down slightly.
There are three rivers that join in Passau: Donau (Danube), Inn and Ilz. From the fortress, you have a great view on the... more travel advice
The cathedral St. Stephan had to be recreated after a huge fire in the city in 1662. So it contains lots of baroque... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Passau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Passau - where 3 rivers join"
- "An Blauer Donau,grünem Inn und schwarzer Ilz!"
- "Three rivers junction"
- "Advent in Passau"
- "Passau during floods..."
- "Passau - A Perfect Long Weekend Getaway"
- "Passau - a town with 3 rivers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Passau
- Hotels in Passau
- Transportation in Passau
- Nightlife in Passau
- Restaurants in Passau
- Shopping in Passau
- Warnings and Dangers in Passau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Passau
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Passau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Passau
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Monschau near Wuppertal?"
- updated a Passau Travelogue "Pictures from the floods"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pictures from the floods"
- Wrote a Review Conjuction point of the rivers Donau, Inn and Ilz in Passau Things to Do
- Commented on one of globetrott's Passau travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Saßnitz Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kempten Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
Latest Passau hotel reviews
- Hotel Am Jesuitenschloessl
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013
- Wienerwald Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Rotel Inn
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 31, 2012
- Hotel Wilder Mann
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 3, 2013
- Hotel Residenz Passau
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- Hotel Schloss Ort
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- IBB Hotel Passau
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2013
- Hotel Konig
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 14, 2013