Bouillon Things to Do Tips by himalia11 Top 5 Page for this destination
Bouillon Things to Do: 16 reviews and 22 photos
Falcony Show at the castle of Bouillon
Inside the castle in the court, a falcony show ("ballet de rapaces") takes place three times a day, at 11:30, 14:00 and 15:30. It is included in the castle admission fee. It's an interesting show - even if you don't understand the French and Dutch explanations! The show takes about 30 minutes and also some voluntaries are asked to join. It's always funny if the birds fly close over your head and everybody ducks his head! It only seemed to be difficult to calm down the little children... Before and after the show, you can also take a look on the birds of prey, there are several birdcages.
This is just like a castle has to be: old walls, full of corners and hidden places to discover, with gloomy corridors and dungeons! Not only children will like to explore this castle! I'm not sure if we have really seen all places... In any case, this castle is my favourite Belgian castle - my next favourite is La Roche en Ardenne!
In summer there are also guided tours during nights by torch, that must be great, too!
First records of this castle date from 988, so it is really old, and besides it's also quite big. The castle was once owned by "Godfrey of Bouillon", a famous leader of the first crusade 1096 who died in Jerusalem. There's a room in the castle dedicated to him, with a cross under a glass pane in the ground.
There is a free parking in front of the castle, but I think it's much nicer to go there by feet. On both sides, small paths go up to the castle.
Opened from 10:00 - 17:00/18:00 (depending on the season)
Admission: adults 5,20 Euro / children 3,50 Euro
himalia11's Related Pages
Bouillon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bouillon is a perfect weekend outing"
- "Bouillon and its lovely castle"
- "Bouillon - The Bruges of the South"
- "The fortress"
- "Bouillon - quite a surprise."
- "Bouillon, a very relaxing town ...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bouillon
- Hotels in Bouillon
- Transportation in Bouillon
- Restaurants in Bouillon
- Shopping in Bouillon
- Warnings and Dangers in Bouillon
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pasadena Hotels
- Mafikeng Hotels
- Muiden Hotels
- Westbrook Hotels
- Crystal Bay
Badges & Stats in Bouillon
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Bouillon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bouillon
Photos in BouillonSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Saßnitz Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kempten Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos