"Hiking holidays in Alpbach" Alpbach by himalia11
Alpbach Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 36 photos
Alpbach is a small village in Tyrol, Austria, and lies on a plateau above the Alpbach valley, at almost 1000m above sea level . It’s located between Wörgl (26 km) and Innsbruck (51 km).
It’s a touristy place with many hotels, appartments and restaurants – actually they offer as many beds as they have inhabitants, which is around 2500. But still it wasn’t busy there, maybe that changes in winter! Alpbach really is a charming town with having only wooden houses, so it’s no surprise that it was voted "Austria´s most beautiful village" in 1983.
Interesting is that they do not have any street names. Instead, all houses only have a three digit number. It’s a bit confusing, especially as I still don’t understand after which system they distribute these numbers!
Fortunately we had a wonderful weather and therefore did spend our time with hiking. We hardly did anything else, and as I don’t walk that much usually, it’s not surprise that I was pretty exhausted afterwards! But the view was always really rewarding!
But we also did some excursions: we drove to Kramsach (11 km from Alpbach) and visited the funny cemetery there and also went to the lakes. And we visited the two gorges near Brandenberg, the Tiefenbachklamm (14 km from Alpbach) and the (more interesting) Kaiserklamm (26 km from Alpbach).
- In a nutshell:A great place for hiking!
The Gasthof Messner’s (or Messnerwirt) offers pizzas as well as local food. We sat outside on the terrace and had a... more travel advice
The restaurant of the hotel Post was one that we got recommended by the locals and it really was good. We enjoyed our... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Alpbach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hiking holidays in Alpbach"
- "Alpbach Tirol-Austria"
- "Alpbach the place to ski"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alpbach
- Hotels in Alpbach
- Transportation in Alpbach
- Restaurants in Alpbach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alpbach
- 14 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Alpbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alpbach
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bad Ems Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Saßnitz Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues