"St Veit im Pongau" Sankt Veit im Pongau by himalia11
Sankt Veit im Pongau Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 18 photos
Sankt Veit im Pongau was our second stop during our vacation in Austria. It?s located in the state of Salzburg on a high plateau at around 760m above sea level and is said to be one of the sunniest town in that region. We really had pretty good weather! It?s a small village above the town Schwarzach and theriver Salzach, 75 km south of Salzburg and 7km west of St Johann im Pongau. You can find information on St Veit and its neighbour towns Schwarzach and Goldegg at the ?Salzburger Sonnenterasse? website.
St Veit is not very touristy, but there?s a museum about mining, archeology, agriculture Seelackenmusuem, and old ore mine that you can visit (Schaubergwerk Sunnpau).
Also we found St Veit to be a good starting point for exploring the region. There are several gorges nearby like the Liechtensteinklamm (7km away) and Kitzlochklamm (19 km away), the fortress Hohenwerfen also is easy to reach (25 km away), and if you want to see some really high mountains you can drive the Grossglockner High Alpine Road (36 km away) ? absolutely impressive!
For more information on these sights please visit my Bundesland Salzburg page.
There are actually two houses, an apartment house where we stayed and a country house with several rooms some houses up... more travel advice
St Veit is a climatic spa and also has a so-called "spa gardens" which rather is a meadow with some trees ? nothing I?d... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Sankt Veit im Pongau Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Sankt Veit im Pongau
- Hotels in Sankt Veit im Pongau
- Restaurants in Sankt Veit im Pongau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sankt Veit im Pongau
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Sankt Veit im Pongau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sankt Veit im Pongau
Photos in Sankt Veit im PongauSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Alpbach Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wetzlar Intro, 11 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaprun Intro, 9 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bundesland Salzburg Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos