"Arundel and its impressive castle" Top 5 Page for this destination Arundel by himalia11
Arundel Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 191 photos
Arundel is nice town in West Sussex, between Portsmouth and Brighton, 7 km north of Littlehampton. There are many half-timbered houses but what attracts most is its huge castle. Already from the A27 you can see the castle and it looks really impressive. We stopped there on our way back to London on our last full day in England, and it was a fantasic ending of our vacatioin! We already had travelled all way from Swanage, with some traffic jams and about 40 roundabouts, so we were pretty exhaused and it was great to relax a bit in the nice castle gardens.
Next to the river Arun and close to the Castle's Lower Lodge entrance, there are ruins of a Dominican Priory. The Friary... more travel advice
Within the large castle grounds, you'll find a wonderful garden, called Earl's Garden. With all the fountains and... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Arundel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the Duke of Norfolk"
- "Arundel Castle"
- "Arundel and its impressive castle"
- "Arundel Castle & Cathedral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arundel
- Hotels in Arundel
- Transportation in Arundel
- Restaurants in Arundel
- Shopping in Arundel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arundel
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Arundel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arundel
Photos in ArundelSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Alpbach Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wetzlar Intro, 11 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaprun Intro, 9 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bundesland Salzburg Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos