"Chirk" Chirk by himalia11
Chirk Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 118 photos
Chirk is a little town 15 km south of Wrexham, at the border to England. We stayed there for one night on our way from Llanberis to Crickhowell. The main sights of Chirk are the aqueduct and the castle, and the “Offa’s Dyke Path” long-distance footpath also passes Chirk. Nearby at Pontcysyllte is another aqueduct which is larger than the one in Chirk, and where also short boat tours are offered.
This restaurant was recommended by Pam from the Berwyn B&B, and it was one of the best restaurants that we were at in... more travel advice
Chirk Castle was built by Edward I in 1310 to dominate the borderlands and is one of the few castles that we visited... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Chirk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Easter Around Chirk"
- "CHIRK & ITS BEAUTIFUL CASTLE!"
- "Before the School Term"
- "Chirk Castle"
- "Castell Y Waun"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chirk
- 5 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (89)
Have you been to Chirk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chirk
Photos in ChirkSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lindenfels Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bad Ems Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos