"Besançon - the capital of Franche Comté" Top 5 Page for this destination Besançon by himalia11
Besançon Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 182 photos
Besançon, situated in East France, is the capital of Franche Comté and also of the Doubs department. It's located at the Doubs river (pronounced "dew"). The promenade along the river is very nice and also it was interesting to stroll around the old town with its shopping streets and old houses.
There are several nice fountains in Besançon, one on the Jean Cornet Square. The fountain was build in 1900 and replaced... more travel advice
The town center of Besançon is located in the loop of the Doubs river, with a 375 m long ship tunnel under the fortress... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Besançon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hidden treasures of Besançon in Franche-Comté"
- "Pierre_Rouss's Besancon, Franche-Conté and Juras r"
- "Yellow Wine, Comte Cheese, Spas & Sports"
- "Besançon - the capital of Franche Comté"
- "exotique18's new Besancon page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Besançon
- Hotels in Besançon
- Transportation in Besançon
- Nightlife in Besançon
- Restaurants in Besançon
- Warnings and Dangers in Besançon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Besançon
- 9 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Besançon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Besançon
Photos in BesançonSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Saßnitz Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kempten Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos