"Dole - former capital of Franche Comté" Dole by himalia11
Dole Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 49 photos
Dole is a charming town in the Doubs department, 57 km west of Besançon and 53 km south-east of Dijon. It once was the captial of Franche Comté until the late 17th century when Besançon took over that role.
Dole is located on the Doubs river (pronounced "dew") and the Rhine-Rhône-Canal and is a popular stop for those traveling by houseboat. That's how we came to Dole, and we found this a so nice place that we stayed a whole day there.
When coming by car, you'll find several signed car parks, one directly opposite of the harbour. Dole also can be reached by train and there's an airport nearby (Airport Dole-Tavaux).
You'll also see remains of the Roman times in Dole: On the Doubs river, you'll see the arcs of an old Roman bridge. You... more travel advice
Dole has a harbour at the Rhine-Rhône-Canal which is located below the old town. You hear find the boat rental company... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Dole Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dole - former capital of Franche Comté"
- "Changing fortune"
- "Birthtown of Luis Pasteur"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dole
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Dole?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dole
Photos in DoleSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Alpbach Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaprun Intro, 9 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bundesland Salzburg Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Lindenfels Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos